VP of Organizational Development Candidates

Candidates for Vice President of Organizational Development respond to The Spartan’s questions. All candidates were provided a fair chance to partake in this interview.

Amanda Stagg

UntitledGive a very brief background of yourself:

I am a junior Mass Communications Major, involved in Student Senate, Residence Life, Theatre, and Phi Sigma Pi.

Why are you running for Student Senate? What prompted you to run for the position? What sort of experience or other factors make you qualified?

I am running for the position of Vice President of Organizational Development because I have served on Senate for the entirety of my college career. I’ve always been interested in working with organizations, because it’s a position that allows you to meet individuals and work with them closely. Everyone has a passion and I want to be the individual to offer guidance throughout the process.

For the past two years, I have served on the Executive Cabinet as the Chair of Operations and Security, and this year as the Chair of Special Projects. I have successfully led two committees and delegated projects to the members while maintaining clear and concise communication. This year, Senate appointed me as the Special Projects Chair because it was a new committee that needed an experienced member to build it from the ground. I was successfully able to lead our new committee to sustainability and complete a multitude of large projects to improve the connection between Downtown York and the campus. I am also very active on campus which has helped me hone my time management skills. Most importantly, I have been working with the current VPOD and sitting in on meetings with clubs to view the system.  

Why should students vote for you?

I am the most experienced individual running for this position and, most importantly, I have a passion for this position and for the organizations that make York College such an amazing place.

Sarah Young

HeadshoGive a very brief background of yourself:

I am a junior Public Relations major with Fine Art and Photography minors. I have been involved with Student Senate for three years, serving as the Treasurer Pro Tem, Parliamentarian Pro Tem, and Secretary on the Executive Board, serving currently. I have also been involved with multiple other clubs and organizations on campus, and I have three on-campus jobs.

I have been involved with Student Senate since the beginning of my freshman year; I have a great passion for the organization and wish to continue helping it grow and reach out to the YCP community. I love what Senate stands for and the goals which the organization is trying to achieve. I am running for the position of Vice President or Organizational Development because I think the organizations on this campus are extremely important and I want to help them succeed and help students create new clubs for others to enjoy. Because of my vast campus involvement, I know how important clubs and organizations are to students, and to be able to assist them in keeping and maintaining strong, well-managed clubs is something I have an avid interest in. I believe that I have an excellent experience that would make me a great fit for the position. Not only have I been on the Executive Board of Senate for the past year, giving me an advantage of knowing how it runs, but I have also been involved with all facets of clubs and organizations that I would potentially be working with. I have also served on the Outreach committee several times while on Senate, and I have worked closely with previous VPOD’s, so I am well aware of what it takes to run the position successfully.

Why should students vote for you?

I believe that students should vote for me as a candidate for VP of Organizational Development because I am well-qualified and I have what it takes to get done what the position demands. I have excellent professional skills, a flexible schedule for meetings, am always on top of my emails which is extremely important in this position. I know the time commitment that it takes and the time which the position will require and I am more than willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that position is successful and remains as strong as with this year’s VPOD.

Zachary Snier

IMG_0285 copyGive a very brief background of yourself:

I am a 19 year-old, freshman commuter student in the Biology program. I am from a nearby town of Fawn Grove, PA and graduated from Kennard-Dale High School. I am studying at YCP to become a family physician and serve the local community.

I am running for Student Senate to bring my leadership skills, dedication to service, and my unique demographics to the Student Senate Executive Board and to this position. Traditionally, commuters and sophomores do not make up a significant portion of the Senate executive boards and while those demographics don’t necessarily qualify me, they surely make me a more contributive addition. My leadership skills and dedication to service motivated me to run for VPOD specifically. This position requires:

• leading a committee
    • serving as the organization liaison for Student Senate
    • fostering the development of organizations
    • coordinating and overseeing organizational concerns handled by the Senate Treasurer and Parliamentarian
    • serving as the voice of Greek life
    • serving as the coordinator of the Jody Appell Community Service Award, as well as other awards of an organizational nature
    • facilitating the Council of Organizational Leaders twice per semester.

Having worked under the current VPOD for the entire academic year so far, I have direct experience with these responsibilities and am confident in my abilities to fulfill those responsibilities.

In all, I believe my prior year on Senate as Class Senator, an entire year of working under the current VPOD, and my dedication to continue my service to the Student Body is indication of my ability to faithfully executive the duties of this office hence my motivation to run.

Why should students vote for you?

The student body should vote for me because in combination to my strong desire to serve the student body and the organizations we make up is my full year of experience working under the current VPOD, my experience as a Class Senator, and the passion for and dedication to my work on Student Senate. If elected, I will lead with principle and serve with all my heart.

Photo credit: Mike Adams, Amanda Stagg.

Note: The Spartan’s Editor-in-Chief Steven Brikowski, who is a candidate for president of Student Senate, did not participate in formulating questions for candidates and did not edit candidate responses.

Advertisements